Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Tree Mani

Today I tried a fairly simple technique. A "V" shaped tape mani. I have seen some uses of this to make christmas trees, but wanted to do a skittles of glitter trees. Albeit, it came out looking a bit sloppy with the pictured. Macro can be unforgiving. But to the naked eye, it looks great. To me at least!


I used Spa Ritual Rhythm of Life for the green base. My index finger is Hard Candy Black tie optional with a silver glitter star, middle is OPI Polka.Com With a purple star, ring finger is Carpe Noctem Cosmetics Hyperion with a gold star, and pinky is Julep Paris with a blue star.

I definitely will be doing this technique again. This time, since the pictures were unforgiving, and I just couldn't get  more than one good one after MANY taken, I only have the one to show you.

Out of the 4, I loved how the Carpe Noctem came out. It was a ONE COAT, where the others were a couple with placement of some glitter. So, as I have gushed before, Emily hits it out of the park again!

Have you tried this technique? What did you think of it? Share your manis on our Facebook page so we can all enjoy them! I look forward to seeing what you guys have done!

Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Great design!! I may have to try this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I never would have thought to make trees like that. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how each tree is different!

    ReplyDelete