Thursday, May 30, 2013

Challenge - A Tutorial - Gradient

I chose to do a sponge gradient mani for this tutorial challenge.  I tried this once before, with very poor outcome.  So, this time, I think it came out way better. Still not EXCITED about this one. Kinda grainy, and the top coat dragged some of the red. I did find that soaking the sponge in water really helped the polish apply better, and less sticky.  All in all, I will definitely be trying this again. I love the effect, and will try to incorporate it in an upcoming challenge.
For this mani I used Rimmel Black Satin, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby.
Without flash.

With flash.
I was contemplating not posting these, and redoing it completely.  But, I want to show my progression and learning.

Until next time,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment