Sunday, September 22, 2013

Nails of the Day - Ocean Waves

A girlfriend commented that my last manicure reminded her of waves more than of clouds and suddenly my mind went into obsession-mode. I couldn't stop thinking about how freaking pretty that would be!  So, I busted out my sponges and fan brush and got to work.  The result is something that I'm disappointed doesn't capture completely on camera.  I love this look!


I started with a layer or two of OPI Nail Envy then sponged a layer of  LA Colors BCC 656 (white) onto the nail from the tip to about 3 quarters down. Next came a layer of grey (Sinful Colors Slate) that was sponged down about halfway down the nail.  Sinful Colors Mint Apple was sponged throughout the grey and a little further into the white. I repeated the colors (white, grey, green) until I'd built up enough color that it was opaque but had maintained the white at the bottom to look like the wave touching shore. I came in with a fan brush and Orly Sparkling Garbage to dab in some glitter without covering up the detail before topping each nail with 2 coats of Seche Vite.

Normally, I don't prefer individual finger pictures but I couldn't get my camera to cooperate to show you the detail without it.  Sorry!

Index
Middle
Ring
Pinky
Thumb 

No comments:

Post a Comment