Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Leibster award!!!!!

I had heard of the Liebster award before, and knew it was for new bloggers. But wasn't quite sure what I was supposed to do. So, I CHEATED! I looked at Julie's blog Kick Acetone to see what she did. Because I AM LAZY! There... I said it.
So the rules are:

-Write 11 random facts about yourself
-Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
-Create 11 new questions for your nominees -Nominate 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers



Kick Acetone's Questions:

1. How often do you paint your nails?  I try to paint them at least twice a week. It sometimes becomes more than that if they chip, because that then just gives me an excuse to do them again. I mean… Really…

2. Do you collect anything besides polish? I USED to collect Hello Kitty stuff. I try to keep it to a minimum now. Since polish bottles are small, I am good with that. I do have a lot of jewelry making supplies, but hope that turns into a business instead of the collection it is right now!
3. What's the farthest you've traveled from home?  I have travelled from Wisconsin to California. Also, went to Mexico and Puerto Rico. Maybe Puerto Rico is the farthest.
4. Do you have pets?  I have two cats who are my furry sons. All the funny memes out there about the silly and annoying things cats do are TRUE!
5. What's your favorite beverage? I would have to say coffee. I drink it every day. I love it. And recently my Keurig started making a weird noise when the water refills that sounds like it is the Arc killing Nazis… Not sure if that is good or bad. Maybe if there were Nazis I could test this out….?
6. What's is the best beauty tip you've received?  Less is more. Unless it is for nails. Then more is never enough. ROFL!
7. What's your favorite nail care tip? Take care of your cuticles. I’m pretty new at this, but it is the one thing that has made a HUGE difference in how mine turn out. I use cuticle oil and balm all the time.
8. How long can you go with naked nails? Um… An hour? HA! Before I would not paint them at all. Now I can’t deal with naked nails. The really are lonely without polish.
9. Do you paint your toenails as often as your fingernails? I don’t! Sad. But one time a “friend” of mine said I had alien feet, and that forever made me hide my piggies…
10. What's your favorite nail trend?  I love the textured polishes. I want to know how to make the sand texture. That would pretty the best! I am looking to get some flocking powder too.
11. How many polishes do you own? Uh… I gotta count them. Just a sec… WOW! 192! This must be evened out! TO THE STORE!!!!




My 11 random facts:
1. I just started blogging in November, 2012.
2. I GOT ENGAGED!!!!
3. I have a sister 3 years older than me, and a brother 21 years younger.
4. I threatened my mom with bodily harm if she had my brother on my birthday. She said it was not something that could be planned. I beg to differ. 
5. I'm moving to Sacramento, CA.
6. My sister is having a baby in JULY!
7. My favorite color is pink.
8. I watch WAY too much T.V.
9. I'm going to school to get my B.A.
10. I hate ocra. Nasty stuff. Like little snot bombs.
11. I have tolerant friends. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! They humor me with my nail stuff. And one very brave soul has taken on this obsession and called it her own too!

Ok...
MY questions for my nominees!

1. What is your favorite thing about nail polish?
2. What started you down your path of obsession?
3. Do you have a favorite brand of polish?
4. What is the most difficult technique you have tried?
5. If you were to create a polish what would it be and what would you call it?
6. Favorite pastime?
7. Favorite color?
8. How many polishes do you own?
9. Is there such a thing as "Too many nail polishes?"
10. Favorite food?
11. Best tip to new bloggers?

My Nominees:
The Kaos Theory
The Diary of a Dreamer
The Polish Museum
Portugese Doll
Beauty Blog by Ali
Gussied
Nails on the Go by Nicole
Nail Affair
Kayla's Nails
The Mani Cafe
Franken Femme

Have fun!

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. I looked at the blogs of the girls that nominated me for the rules too! So I'm lazy right there with ya :)

    ReplyDelete