Sunday, March 17, 2013

Challenge - St. Patty's Day

My St. Patrick's Day mani is different that my earlier one.  This time I didn't go with a freehand picture again.  I was out on my once a year trek to Wal-Mart to see if they had the Rock-Candy display everyone was posting about.  I was really curious what they looked like in person, and maybe they hype piqued it too.  I was kinda disappointed in the series.  I did pick up couple and will post the haul later (YES I got more than just those. I'm sick.)  This mani I used Pure Ice Wild Thing for the base, Hard Candy Jubilee over all but my ring finger.  I stamped a four leaf clover on my ring finger with a mix of Sinful Colors Exotic Green, Rimmel Black Satin, and Pure Ice Wild Thing.  The Rock Candy Jubilee had a TON of glitter in a green jelly like base (still working on the lingo).  The stamp came out missing a little bit, so I tried to touch it up.
The Rock Candy has light green and black small hex glitter, black micro-glitter, and copper bar glitter.  I thought it very fitting with the copper, like a leprechaun's beard. Or something. Topped it all off with HK Girl.




Those little black glitters escaped with a vengeance.  Looks like I may have gotten a cat hair in there too. Guess they wanted to contribute.

Hope everyone had a great and safe holiday.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment