Sunday, March 3, 2013

Challenge - Week 4 Glitter

So far, the glitter challenge is my fave. Because, well... I'm a girl and I love glitter.
The first one I did looked like I just found all my glitter polish and little glitter bits and slapped them on. Although I like it, it's not for this challenge. Tried my hand at doing a glitter skittles.
Here it is:
Meh.

Then, I tried a rainbow gradient of glitter.  Used about 10 different polishes for this one.  First, I put on a coat of non-glitter polish to create the rainbow gradient for a more saturated look. There isn't any clean up here. Figure that I wanted to do just one clean up.

(Yeah that's my carpet... Yes, I need to vacuum.)

















After that was nice and dry, I did the gradient again with glitter polish.  The only one I didn't have a full on glitter filled polish was the red.  Still think it came out nice.




It took a while, but I like how it came out. This was my first gradient of any type. Just noticed the little bald spot in the green on my middle nail.  Also, a little bit of... Something (?) hanging off my forefinger. Amazing what you see with a macro setting.  I am looking forward to our next challenge of Saturday Morning Cartoons. To choose just one, or even 5, will be hard.  I say 5 because there is no way I will be able to replicate on my right hand if it isn't just straight painting like this challenge.  We shall see, because then that gives me 10 I could use, and that is just crazy.

So, what do you think?  What has been your experiences with gradients, and working with unpredictable, exploding glitter?

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment