Saturday, March 16, 2013

Challenge - Week 5 - Jem and the Holographic Polish


Normal Lighting

I had this whole awesome plan to do a manicure inspired by the cartoons I watched as a kid.  Each nail would have the face of a different Saturday Morning Cartoon Star.  I started out and Michelangelo looked rad but Jonny Quest  looked like he had an extra chromosome. I changed it up and ended up going to the gym on Thursday with a turtle shell accent nail and a half-cocked idea.  I just couldn't get excited about it! When I'm not excited, I procrastinate (which is why this is being posted at the last minute!).

If there is one thing I know about myself it is that I will absolutely get excited for something SPARKLY.  Jem and the Holograms was a perfect choice! I had just gotten a bottle of Color Club's Miss Bliss (every polish enthusiast needs a holo) and snickered to myself verily at the play on words. 

Instead of trying to do something SOLELY for the challenge, I tried to make the mani something I could wear for a while that was inspired by the subject matter.  Though it is probably not obvious, the designs on my fingers are supposed to look like her earrings.

In bright light, they're impossible to not stare at.


 Colors:
Color Club Miss Bliss
Revlon Strawberry Sizzle
Sinful Colors Lets Meet
Rimmel Black Satin

No comments:

Post a Comment